What is a Landing Page? 5 Best Practices for Effective Landing Pages
Landing pages are an effective strategy to help convert your website visitors into leads or conversions. In today’s blog, we’ll cover what a landing page is and 5 best practices for creating effective landing pages.
What is a landing page?
A landing page is what the name might suggest: the first page that you land on after clicking a link. They are made with the purpose of converting your website visitors into leads, which is different from a general page that already exists on your website. Landing pages will look different depending on your marketing campaign, what the original link was, and its intent.
Why are landing pages important for automotive digital marketing?
Landing pages are an important part of digital marketing because they are the next step in the marketing funnel after your initial first step. Your first step could be a social media post, an email marketing campaign, or a Google Ad that you’re your marketing message out there - whatever gets the attention of your customers. The next step after that is to take them to a customized landing page.
Why should I customize my landing pages?
Technically, you could link any page on your dealership website and use it as a landing page, but that won’t convert as well as a customized landing page. For example, you could run an email marketing campaign to talk about your current online store specials and include a link to the homepage of your e-commerce website. However, people may click on that URL and leave because your page is too broad for what you were advertising.
Instead, you should create a customized landing page. Let’s say that you run an online business for cat supplies, and you’re having a sale on catnip toys. Your landing page should include information about your current special, feature the catnip toys that are on sale, and include images of your catnip toy products. This is more likely to convert because your page has one clear call to action without other information that can distract and turn away your future customers.
What are some good practices for creating effective landing pages?
- Have a strong, effective, and catchy headline. This is the first thing that users will see when they arrive at your landing page. Keep it concise, original, and make sure there is a clear message. Your original special, sale, or campaign message should be in the headline or at the top of the page.
- Use strong and engaging visuals. It’s better to use an original design or image to help strengthen your brand equity and stand out, but you can also utilize free stock images. Highlight your featured products or services, consider using a video, and follow good web design practices.
- Always be sure to include some sort of call to action on your landing page. This could be in the form of a signup button, a form to fill out, a phone number, or anything that encourages the user to take action after viewing the content on your landing page.
- Make sure the page loads quickly, and properly on any device (desktop computer, smartphone, tablet, etc.) People will exit pages if they don’t load fast enough, which will hurt your overall campaign and general traffic to your website.
- Clearly show the value of your offer. Your website visitors clicked on the button in your marketing email, the link in your social media post, or the button on your banner ad because they were interested in the deal you offered. You could include customer testimonials, your business rating, or benefits about your product/service.
Let’s build effective landing pages for your marketing campaigns today. For more tips or to get started, call us at 515-232-2024 or send us a message here.